We have developed the most robust and comprehensive prostate cancer treatment program in the state. Patients receive multidisciplinary counselling before deciding their treatment approach. We work closely with local Urologists to deliver a personalized treatment plan for you.
With the vision and guidance of Dr. Charles Mendenhall, Radiation Oncology Associates maintains accreditation through the internationally recognized Seattle Prostate Brachytherapy Seed Implant Program. ROA offers prostate brachytherapy seed implants, teaming with our local Urologists. Currently we implant 75 to 100 men per year, and our results are excellent- We strive to exceed national standards.
There are multiple curative treatment options for prostate cancer, all of which ROA has the availability to utilize- some of which are listed below. We are happy to discuss all possible treatment options with you either informally or in a clinic setting.
- Brachytherapy (seed implant)
- External Beam Radiation (EBRT)
- IMRT (intensity modulated radiation therapy) delivered with Tomotherapy or VMAT (volumetric modulated arc therapy)
- IGRT (image guided radiation therapy) utilizing real time 3-dimensional imaging to guide treatment (improving precision and reducing side effects)
- Hormone blockade or modulation