We have developed the most robust and comprehensive prostate cancer treatment program in the state. Patients receive multidisciplinary counselling before deciding their treatment approach. We work closely with local Urologists to deliver a personalized treatment plan for you.
We believe strongly in screening for prostate cancer with PSA blood test for men who are expected to benefit. Recently, the US Task Force upgraded their recommendation to a C, meaning there is support for individualized decision making. Please discuss this further with your Urologist or primary care physician.
With the vision and guidance of Dr. Charles Mendenhall, Radiation Oncology Associates maintains accreditation through the internationally recognized Seattle Prostate Brachytherapy Seed Implant Program.
ROA offers prostate brachytherapy seed implants, teaming with our local Urologists. Currently we implant 100 to 125 men per year, and our results are excellent- We strive to exceed national standards. There is emerging data that boosting the prostate with seed implant provides superior results compared to external beam alone or radical prostatectomy (
We have recently incorporated the use of SpaceOar hydrogel, to reduce side effects to the rectum.
There are multiple curative treatment options for prostate cancer, all of which ROA has the availability to utilize- some of which are listed below.
- Brachytherapy (seed implant)
- External Beam Radiation (EBRT)
- IMRT (intensity modulated radiation therapy) delivered with Tomotherapy or VMAT (volumetric modulated arc therapy)
- IGRT (image guided radiation therapy) utilizing real time 3-dimensional imaging to guide treatment (improving precision and reducing side effects)
- Hormone blockade or modulation